When it comes to great outdoor recreation, the Boise Valley delivers, as noted by Outside magazines designation of Boise as the Best Town in the Western U.S..
Here you'll enjoy:
- The Boise Foothills offer more than 135 miles of nationally acclaimed hiking and mountain biking trails, just beyond your door.
- Bogus Basin Mountain Resort is just 16 miles north of the Boise Valley and offers almost every winter activity imaginable – as well as some of the most breathtaking views of the valley.
- World-famous Sun Valley ski resort, home to the world’s first chairlift, is just a three-hour ride to the northeast.
- Two hours north of the Boise Valley, nestled between Tamarack ski resort and Brundage Mountain, is the town of McCall and the Payette Lake.
- Water activities such as kayaking, whitewater rafting and fly fishing can be found throughout the Boise Valley and all across the state on the Boise, Payette, Snake, and Salmon River systems (see a video taken on the Payette River below).
- Elaborate systems for hiking and biking can be found just about everywhere in Idaho, along with numerous opportunities for camping.
- Numerous rock climbing areas can be found just minutes outside of the city.
- Boise State University is proud to be home to the Boise State Broncos.
- Minor professional sports teams in Boise Valley include the Class A Boise Hawks and the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL.
For more information about sports and recreation in the Boise Valley and throughout the state, visit: www.visitidaho.org or www.fishandgame.idaho.gov.